Barely Breathing

Mala sits on the bed of what appears to be her living quarters, facing the camera. Her body is covered by the bedsheets, and she holds a clear medical oxygen mask over her mouth and nose, removing it as she speaks softly.

There are in fact physical limits to the fun one can have...

I remember feeling incredibly light-headed before passing out. When I awoke several hours later, I had an unwelcome guest by my medical bed. An officer from CONCORD had arrived to ask me if I had any information about the perpetrator of the "domestic break-in." Still dizzy, I had no idea what she was talking about. She informed me that Max Jouvin, the kind citizen who rushed me to the medical bay, had told them he thought I had been strangled during a robbery.

Mala takes a breath from the mask, smiles a bit and rolls her eyes.

It was all I could do to keep from laughing. Of course Max had to make up some half-assed story. I could imagine him rushing frantically to get me dressed and loaded onto his ship after I'd passed out. At least he wasn't a moron; thanks to his speedy delivery I ended up unharmed.

...Honestly, what happened wasn't his fault in the least. Even with extreme care and caution, asphyxiation is always a dangerous game. I'm surprised this is the first time it's happened. Though, I don't suppose I'll be seeing him again. He only approached me at a social gathering a few days ago, and this was just our third time enjoying each other's company. Medical emergencies are kind of tacky on the third date, I suppose...

It's too bad. We were just starting to enjoy ourselves.

She takes another deep breath and the camera fades to black.

No comments:

Post a Comment